Good channel relationships are two-way streets. One of the many drawbacks to the channel strategies of b-to-b organizations is that they blindly stick with partners long after their usefulness has begun to wane, sucking personnel attention and dollars away from others where they would be much better spent.
Much like with your own sales force, for any channel strategy to succeed, its partners, resellers, and ISVs need the resources, training and tools to effectively position and sell your solutions in the market. By demonstrating you have plans, processes and systems designed to optimize the channel experience – and are committed to refining each over time as required – you, as a vendor, show you are willing to do your part in ensuring channel success.
Channel Management Strategies™ (CMS) provides the latest research, benchmarking data, analytic models, and thought leadership necessary to align and enhance your existing channel management initiatives. CMS delivers objective data and intelligence to compare and contrast your efforts with peer organizations, and provides thought-provoking research on industry trends, best-practice models and tactics, budget and resource allocation and measurement strategies.
- Assess channel marketing and management strategies and compare key benchmark measures such as partner lead velocity with peer companies from the SiriusIndex™ of Fortune 500s and SMBs
- Learn how best-practice organizations are developing demand creation strategies for their channel partners including incentives, lead distribution and lead tracking
- Understand how to develop and measure your channel marketing and sales functions with critical models and metrics
- Obtain the latest research and insight on channel management to enable partners and resellers to more effectively market and sell your products and services
REPRESENTATIVE COVERAGE AREAS
- Foundation Elements – Understand the four critical issues that should dominate the channel planning agendas
- Partner Recruitment – Learn how to select partners for maximum impact, structure partner agreements and audit for success
- Demand Creation – Understand how to use market development funds and co-op funds to drive opportunities
- Channel Readiness – Learn what your channel needs to be a primary partner in the positioning and selling of your products and services
- Technology – Understand the channel management vendor landscape and how a partner relationship management system can be used as an incentive to drive performance
- Channel Management Technology Stack – identifies four layers of functionality necessary to optimize channel sales and marketing efforts
- Channel Management 2.0 – a framework to identify your channel requirements and evaluate a vendor’s offering across the four layers of the channel management technology stack
Incorporating CMS into your workflow is easy. Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You may contact our analysts by phone, send an inquiry by e-mail or participate in interactive webcasts and in-person forums with analysts and peers. You will also have access to published research, presentations and rich media-based content on demand via the client portal.
- Research Briefs: Monthly research notes that frame executive-level sales and marketing issues in a concise layout. Three to four briefs are delivered to you each month, and are archived on the research portal.
- SiriusPerspectives: A monthly newsletter in a concise layout that provides a high-level overview of a sales and marketing topic dealing with demand creation, sales optimization or reputation development.
- Vendor Profiles: Reviews of emerging suppliers who may be beneficial to your demand creation efforts. SiriusDecisions also plots suppliers on our vendor matrices, allowing you to analyze and narrow your choices.
- Core Strategy Reports: Provides key observations and commentary on SiriusDecisions presentations introducing critical models, frameworks and strategies. Tackles more complex sales and marketing issues, and introduces new areas of research in a white paper format.
- SiriusTools: Frameworks, models and issues spectrums that allow you to more easily visualize and communicate your challenges, and to determine the most appropriate courses of action.
- Rich Media: Webcast archives in rich media format that can be replayed at your convenience, shared with team members or used for training purposes.
Analyst Inquiry: Unlimited analyst inquiry privileges are offered as part of CMS membership; you can schedule analyst time via phone or email. Discussions often focus on best practices, data, analytic tools or vendor reviews.
Channel Management Audit: Annually, SiriusDecisions will benchmark your channel management function against our SiriusIndex of business-to-business companies, and provide an independent perspective of your performance compared with your peers.
Events: Peer interaction is a valuable way to understand how others are solving similar issues, and to build your network. CMS membership includes bimonthly Webcasts and quarterly half-day research forums, as well as discounted pricing on all SiriusDecisions conference.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published CMS research.
Partner Assessment Process Deep Dive: Participants and Execution
In this brief, we explain how to define the pool of participants for a partner assessment, and best practices for preparing and executing the assessment.
Delivering Persona-Based Marketing Through Partners
In this brief, we outline six best practices for suppliers to deliver persona-based marketing programs through their channel partners.
The B-to-B Leader's Role in Supporting Customer Orientation
In this brief, we outline four types of support that leaders should provide to ensure that their staff members consistently engage in customer insight activities.
Partner Assessment Process Deep Dive: Categories and Lenses
In this brief, we explain how suppliers can easily select and weight categories and lenses in the SiriusDecisions Partner Assessment Model to produce assessment results based on the desired partner profile.
Partner Personas: Key Attributes
In this brief, we examine the key attributes of five partner personas, including their relevance to specific stages of the partner's journey.
Social Selling Diagnostic Model: Engage
In this brief, we explore the behaviors, knowledge, skills and processes reps need to leverage social media in the Engage quadrant of the SiriusDecisions Social Selling Diagnostic Model.
Understanding the Partner's Journey
In this brief, we describe the knowledge that partners gather during the five stages of the partner’s journey toward a productive relationship with the supplier.
Fast-Tracking Channel Demand: Piloting the Methodology
In this brief, for each phase of our channel demand creation roadmap, we provide guidelines for deploying a pilot program.
First 90 Days: Channel Sales Leader
In this brief, we outline a channel sales leader’s key activities for the first 90 days in the role, and reference relevant SiriusDecisions research to ease the onboarding experience.
First 90 Days: Channel Marketing Leader
In this brief, we outline a channel marketing leader’s key activities for the first 90 days in the role and reference relevant SiriusDecisions research to ease the transition.
Partner Assessment Process Deep Dive: Screening Criteria
Before carrying out a partner assessment, channel leaders should outline their preferences for the types of partners that the assessment will consider. In this brief, we describe how to define and validate criteria for the initial screening phase of the partner assessment process.
Channel Management: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact channel management in 2014.
The SiriusDecisions Content Model: Channel Marketing's Role
In this brief, we take a deeper dive into the role of channel marketing during each phase and stage of the enterprise-wide content model.
The SiriusDecisions Lead Spectrum, Expanded
In this brief, we introduce an expanded SiriusDecisions Lead Spectrum, and explain how to use it to improve lead qualification and handoffs between functions.
The Sirius Indicator: Channel Analytics Platform Vendors
In this brief, using the six dimensions of the Sirius Indicator, we discuss the major categories to consider when evaluating and scoring channel analytics platform vendors.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Partner Assessment Model
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Partner Assessment Model, outline the eight categories of viability and performance criteria that the model uses to assess partners, and explain when channel leaders should use the model to improve channel partnerships and achieve productivity goals.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Content Model
In this brief, SiriusDecisions presents a new workflow process model that product, marketing and sales leaders can use to evaluate their existing content factory, determine where gaps and interlock breakdowns exist, and optimize their content process.
Measuring Certification's Impact on Partner Productivity
In this brief, we describe three types of partner certification and their impact on partner productivity.
Broker/Agent Onboarding: Key Components
In this brief, we examine key elements of a successful onboarding program that can identify, motivate and retain new agents and brokers.
Measuring Partner Loyalty
In this brief, we provide a framework for tracking and measuring partner loyalty.