One of marketing's most critical roles is to develop demand. Through a combination of business processes, integrated marketing campaigns and lead development tools, a demand center must be established to drive demand in quantifiable measures and to clearly demonstrate the impact on topline revenue.
Demand creation is constantly evolving, and requires unique operational insight to ensure that all its elements are fully optimized. New strategies, technologies and tactics are available for marketing evaluation; best practices are ready and waiting to be explored and implemented; benchmark data is a necessity to demonstrate the success of the demand center against industry peers; and finally, innovative strategies should be considered to effectively integrate with and optimize sales.
Demand Creation Strategies™ (DCS) from SiriusDecisions provides senior marketing management with operational intelligence on demand creation to support today's strategic and tactical lead development initiatives. DCS compliments Executive Edge™, our flagship advisory service, by combining benchmark data on lead development, analytic decision models designed to assist in the evaluation of your lead development programs, and thought-provoking research to support effective decision-making.
DCS research focuses on industry best practices, vendor evaluations, practical analysis of the demand creation process, and cutting-edge strategies that are driving best-in-class marketing organizations. Key questions DCS addresses include:
- Which are the most appropriate vendors your organization should consider?
- What are the key strategic strengths and weaknesses of these vendors?
- How are best practice companies approaching lead development?
- What conversion rates are industry standard and what are best practices?
- What lead-to-close ratios do high-growth companies achieve?
- What strategies and tactics do other like companies use to generate and develop leads?
- How does your cost per lead compare to your peers?
- How does your marketing mix compare?
- How can sales and marketing effectively work together to develop leads?
- How should a lead be defined?
- What tools are available to analyze your demand creation issues?
- What is the right inside sales model to consider?
- What does an integrated sales and marketing model look like?
- What are the elements of the demand center?
Incorporating DCS into your workflow is easy. Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You may contact our analysts by phone, send an inquiry by e-mail or participate in interactive webcasts and in-person forums with analysts and peers. You will also have access to published research, presentations and rich media-based content on demand via the client portal.
Research: SiriusDecisions offers a variety of research formats to deliver a comprehensive view of today's most pressing sales and marketing issues:
- Research Briefs: Monthly research notes that frame executive-level sales and marketing issues in a concise layout. Three to four briefs are delivered to you each month, and are archived on the research portal.
- SiriusPerspectives: A monthly newsletter in a concise layout that provides a high-level overview of a sales and marketing topic dealing with demand creation, sales optimization or reputation development.
- Vendor Profiles: Reviews of emerging suppliers who may be beneficial to your demand creation efforts. SiriusDecisions also plots suppliers on our vendor matrices, allowing you to analyze and narrow your choices.
- Core Strategy Reports: Provides key observations and commentary on SiriusDecisions presentations introducing critical models, frameworks and strategies. Tackles more complex sales and marketing issues, and introduces new areas of research in a white paper format.
- SiriusTools: Frameworks, models and issues spectrums that allow you to more easily visualize and communicate your challenges, and to determine the most appropriate courses of action.
- Rich Media: Webcast archives in rich media format that can be replayed at your convenience, shared with team members or used for training purposes.
Analyst Inquiry: Interacting with SiriusDecisions' DCS analysts is as easy as picking up the phone or scheduling a meeting. Discussions with an analyst may be centered on best practices, a review of data from a SiriusDecisions analytic tool or a review of vendors you may be considering.
Annual Lead Audit: Every year, SiriusDecisions analysts will benchmark your lead development performance against our SiriusIndex of business-to-business companies and provide an independent perspective on the industry and your performance compared with companies like yours.
Events: Peer interaction is a valuable way to understand how others are solving similar issues, and an opportunity for you to build your network of peer connections. As a member of DCS you may attend monthly webinars and quarterly half-day research forums, and receive client pricing for all SiriusDecisions conferences.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published DCS research.
The SiriusDecisions Social Demand Tactics Framework
In this brief, we describe the SiriusDecisions Social Demand Framework, a tool designed to help organizations understand how social media should be integrated into their demand creation program mix.
Field and Regional Marketing: Building Global Influence
In this brief, we describe a three-part process that dispersed marketing functions can use to build and maintain influence with centralized global marketing.
The B-to-B Leader's Role in Supporting Customer Orientation
In this brief, we outline four types of support that leaders should provide to ensure that their staff members consistently engage in customer insight activities.
This SiriusDecisions vendor profile focuses on BAO, a teleservices provider whose services include market intelligence, account intelligence, contact discovery, appointment setting, telemarketing and sales support.
The Demand Balance Index: Modeling Output and Efficiency
In this brief, we explain how to use the demand balance index to model the output and efficiency of an organization’s various lead management processes.
Search: Optimize for Your Buyer, Not the Engine
In this brief, we describe key trends impacting search optimization strategy, best practices for analyzing persona search behavior, and how to apply persona-based search tactics to attract Web site traffic with high conversion potential.
Campaign Budgets: Targeting and Program Planning Phases
In this brief, we explain how to allocate a campaign budget to the centralized and regional teams that will develop assets and execute tactics.
The Sirius Indicator: Event Management Software Providers
In this brief, using the six dimensions of the Sirius Indicator, we discuss the major categories to consider when evaluating and scoring event management software.
Using B-to-B Personas to Optimize Web Conversion
In this brief, we present a five-step method for using b-to-b persona analysis to optimize a Web site’s effectiveness in attracting, engaging and qualifying potential buyers.
Mobile Marketing Tactics: Surveying the Landscape
In this brief, the first in a series on mobile marketing, we define the mobile marketing landscape across four areas.
The Demand Creation Agency: A New Breed
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Demand Creation Agency Evaluation Framework, which guides organizations in selecting demand creation agencies by comparing their capabilities and deliverables.
The SiriusDecisions Content Model: Field and Regional Marketing's Role
To solve enterprise-wide content challenges, SiriusDecisions recommends a cross-functional approach to content process. In this brief, we take a deeper dive into the role of field and regional marketing during the three phases and eight stages of the enterprise-wide content model.
Demand Creation: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact demand creation in 2014.
The Keys to Measuring Content Effectiveness
In this brief, we present a four-part framework for measuring content effectiveness.
The SiriusDecisions Lead Spectrum, Expanded
In this brief, we introduce an expanded SiriusDecisions Lead Spectrum, and explain how to use it to improve lead qualification and handoffs between functions.
|Core Strategy Report|
Email Touch Governance
In this SiriusDecisions Core Strategy Report, we describe the steps necessary to effectively manage the cadence of email communications to contacts in order to improve email performance rates and, ultimately, increase revenue.
Tactic Deep Dive: Content Syndication for Demand Creation
In this brief, the latest in a series of deep dives focused on optimizing a range of demand creation tactics, we take a closer look at how to reach buyer audiences through content syndication programs.
Advanced Lead Nurturing: Using Multiple Delivery Vehicles
In this brief, we outline alternative delivery vehicles for lead nurturing programs, and identify which are most appropriate for each nurture program type.
Marketing Automation Platforms Defined
In this brief, we provide a detailed definition of the key standard functionalities and non-standard emerging capabilities of a marketing automation platform.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Content Model
In this brief, SiriusDecisions presents a new workflow process model that product, marketing and sales leaders can use to evaluate their existing content factory, determine where gaps and interlock breakdowns exist, and optimize their content process.