Executive Edge: CMO
Executive Edge: CMO™ (EECMO) provides c-level executives with the actionable insight in an easy to consume format that delivers breadth of coverage across all marketing functions and on sales and marketing alignment strategies. EECMO offers an objective, third-party perspective to validate decisions, innovate, benchmark and challenge your organization to create the most effective marketing function possible.
This membership-driven program combines the benchmarking data, best practices, analytic tools and thought leadership required to prove the return on investment of marketing’s contribution to the business. Coverage areas include:
- Functional Alignment – Understand the executive-level linkages between marketing and sales, how to leverage marketing operations and the CMO’s relationship to the Board of Directors
- Budget Analysis – Assess the effectiveness of your marketing budget against your peer group with access to planning, allocation and comparison data from our SiriusIndex™ of Fortune 500 and SMB companies
- Measurement – Understand the key metrics and KPI’s that should be a part of the marketing dashboard
- Organizational Structure – Understand the pros and cons of centralized vs. decentralized marketing functions, resource hierarchy and allocation, and when to outsource
- Global Deployment and Management – Understand the role corporate marketing should play in the deployment and management of marketing initiatives across the worldwide enterprise
- Sales and Marketing Integration Model (SMI) – includes the processes, strategies and technologies required to achieve effective sales and marketing alignment
- Sales and Marketing Framework – a baseline model of the sub functions required in today’s b-to-b environment
- B-to-B Holy Trinity – a systematic combination of reputation, demand creation and sales optimization strategies to drive predictable, accelerating revenues
- Next Generation Organization Charts – depict how today’s b-to-b sales and marketing functions should be structured for maximum impact
Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You will receive ongoing support, learning, coaching and validation through best practices research and phone-based inquiries with analyst experts.
- Research Briefs: Three to four research notes are delivered to you each month and are archived on our client-only research portal, available 24x7.
- Vendor Profiles: SiriusDecisions follows a full spectrum of marketing, sales and product vendors and technology to help in your purchasing decision process.
- Core Strategy Reports: Key observations and commentary that address critical models, frameworks and strategies. Core Strategy Reports cover complex issues and introduce new areas of research in a white-paper format.
- SiriusTools: Templates and Excel-based decision support tools that make it easy to apply SiriusDecisions frameworks and models.
- Analyst Inquiry: Analyst inquiry privileges are offered as part of the EECMO service and can be scheduled on an as-needed basis with our in-house analyst experts. These 50-minute phone-based discussions are scheduled through your account executive.
- Annual Benchmark: Each year, SiriusDecisions will benchmark your spend levels and detailed program allocations against our SiriusIndex™ of b-to-b companies, providing you with an assessment of resource gaps and misalignments as well as insights into whether you are over- or under-spending.
- Client Roundtables: Tap into an invitation-only peer network via quarterly half-day forums, virtual or onsite roundtables, as well as discounted pricing on all SiriusDecisions conferences.
- Webcasts: Learn from hot-topic presentations that you can play at your convenience or share with team members for training and “lunch and learn” purposes.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published EECMO research.
The SiriusDecisions Metrics Spectrum
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Metrics Spectrum, a framework that categorizes the metrics available for measuring and reporting on business performance.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Marketing Competency Framework
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Marketing Competency Framework, define its components and explain how it can be used to improve the performance of marketing organizations.
Launch Team Composition and Governance
In this brief, we explain best practices for selecting launch team representatives from each stakeholder group, including the emerging practice of enlisting a project management office (PMO) to support the launch team.
|Core Strategy Report|
Developing the Industry Marketing Plan
In this SiriusDecisions Core Strategy Report, we provide a template and guidelines that industry marketing teams can use to develop and present an annual industry marketing plan.
First 90 Days: Chief Marketing Officer
In this brief, we outline a CMO’s key activities for the first 90 days in a new role, and reference relevant SiriusDecisions research to ease the transition.
Inside the SiriusDecisions PMM Model: Launch
In this brief, we describe the launch-stage activities conducted by marketing, product management and sales.
Voodoo Analytics: Tactic Attribution
In this brief, we explain tactic attribution, share the challenges inherent in its use and misuse, and identify a narrow set of circumstances in which it can be used effectively.
|Core Strategy Report|
Operationalizing the SiriusDecisions Content Model
In this SiriusDecisions Core Strategy Report, we outline a process for transitioning from a siloed content approach to a unified, enterprise-wide model for content creation, management and insight.
The Sirius Directions in Technology Model
In this brief, we will discuss the model’s four main technology categories, and how the different types of tools within each category can positively impact sales and marketing as well as corporate goals.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Solution Decision Matrix
In this brief, we provide a step-by-step description of the SiriusDecisions Solution Decision Matrix, a tool designed to help organizations determine which solution approach is appropriate for them.
The SiriusDecisions Content Model: Communications' Role
In this brief, we take a deeper dive into the role of communications in the three phases and eight stages of the content model.
Strategic Planning: The Role of the CMO
The b-to-b strategic planning process brings together senior leaders to define key initiatives, product launches and revenue goals for the next one to five years. In this brief, we define three key focus areas for CMOs involved in the strategic planning process.
Creating a Business Unit Strategy Brief
In this brief, we provide a three-part outline for a business unit strategy brief that outlines go-to-market plans for key offerings and target markets.
The SiriusDecisions Product Management Maturity Model
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Product Management Maturity Model and describe how it can be used to evaluate a product management organization.
Field and Regional Marketing: Building Global Influence
In this brief, we describe a three-part process that dispersed marketing functions can use to build and maintain influence with centralized global marketing.
Taking Stock of a Customer Advocacy Program
In this brief, we provide a checklist for evaluating four essential pillars of a b-to-b customer advocacy program.
The B-to-B Leader's Role in Supporting Customer Orientation
In this brief, we outline four types of support that leaders should provide to ensure that their staff members consistently engage in customer insight activities.
The Demand Balance Index: Modeling Output and Efficiency
In this brief, we explain how to use the demand balance index to model the output and efficiency of an organization’s various lead management processes.
B-to-B Messaging Echelons
In this brief, we present the most common b-to-b messaging echelons and introduce a framework for architecting relevant, motivating value propositions.
Integrating Marketing Organizations: Key Areas for Success
In this brief, we define nine areas that marketing operations must support when integrating marketing teams after a major organizational change.
We can help you with the research and insight you need to take your sales and marketing to the next level. Learn more