Executive Edge: CMO
Executive Edge: CMO™ (EECMO) provides c-level executives with the actionable insight in an easy to consume format that delivers breadth of coverage across all marketing functions and on sales and marketing alignment strategies. EECMO offers an objective, third-party perspective to validate decisions, innovate, benchmark and challenge your organization to create the most effective marketing function possible.
This membership-driven program combines the benchmarking data, best practices, analytic tools and thought leadership required to prove the return on investment of marketing’s contribution to the business. Coverage areas include:
- Functional Alignment – Understand the executive-level linkages between marketing and sales, how to leverage marketing operations and the CMO’s relationship to the Board of Directors
- Budget Analysis – Assess the effectiveness of your marketing budget against your peer group with access to planning, allocation and comparison data from our SiriusIndex™ of Fortune 500 and SMB companies
- Measurement – Understand the key metrics and KPI’s that should be a part of the marketing dashboard
- Organizational Structure – Understand the pros and cons of centralized vs. decentralized marketing functions, resource hierarchy and allocation, and when to outsource
- Global Deployment and Management – Understand the role corporate marketing should play in the deployment and management of marketing initiatives across the worldwide enterprise
- Sales and Marketing Integration Model (SMI) – includes the processes, strategies and technologies required to achieve effective sales and marketing alignment
- Sales and Marketing Framework – a baseline model of the sub functions required in today’s b-to-b environment
- B-to-B Holy Trinity – a systematic combination of reputation, demand creation and sales optimization strategies to drive predictable, accelerating revenues
- Next Generation Organization Charts – depict how today’s b-to-b sales and marketing functions should be structured for maximum impact
Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You will receive ongoing support, learning, coaching and validation through best practices research and phone-based inquiries with analyst experts.
- Research Briefs: Three to four research notes are delivered to you each month and are archived on our client-only research portal, available 24x7.
- Vendor Profiles: SiriusDecisions follows a full spectrum of marketing, sales and product vendors and technology to help in your purchasing decision process.
- Core Strategy Reports: Key observations and commentary that address critical models, frameworks and strategies. Core Strategy Reports cover complex issues and introduce new areas of research in a white-paper format.
- SiriusTools: Templates and Excel-based decision support tools that make it easy to apply SiriusDecisions frameworks and models.
- Analyst Inquiry: Analyst inquiry privileges are offered as part of the EECMO service and can be scheduled on an as-needed basis with our in-house analyst experts. These 50-minute phone-based discussions are scheduled through your account executive.
- Annual Benchmark: Each year, SiriusDecisions will benchmark your spend levels and detailed program allocations against our SiriusIndex™ of b-to-b companies, providing you with an assessment of resource gaps and misalignments as well as insights into whether you are over- or under-spending.
- Client Roundtables: Tap into an invitation-only peer network via quarterly half-day forums, virtual or onsite roundtables, as well as discounted pricing on all SiriusDecisions conferences.
- Webcasts: Learn from hot-topic presentations that you can play at your convenience or share with team members for training and “lunch and learn” purposes.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published EECMO research.
The SiriusDecisions Product Management Maturity Model
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Product Management Maturity Model and describe how it can be used to evaluate a product management organization.
Field and Regional Marketing: Building Global Influence
In this brief, we describe a three-part process that dispersed marketing functions can use to build and maintain influence with centralized global marketing.
Taking Stock of a Customer Advocacy Program
In this brief, we provide a checklist for evaluating four essential pillars of a b-to-b customer advocacy program.
The B-to-B Leader's Role in Supporting Customer Orientation
In this brief, we outline four types of support that leaders should provide to ensure that their staff members consistently engage in customer insight activities.
The Demand Balance Index: Modeling Output and Efficiency
In this brief, we explain how to use the demand balance index to model the output and efficiency of an organization’s various lead management processes.
B-to-B Messaging Echelons
In this brief, we present the most common b-to-b messaging echelons and introduce a framework for architecting relevant, motivating value propositions.
Integrating Marketing Organizations: Key Areas for Success
In this brief, we define nine areas that marketing operations must support when integrating marketing teams after a major organizational change.
Campaign Budgets: Targeting and Program Planning Phases
In this brief, we explain how to allocate a campaign budget to the centralized and regional teams that will develop assets and execute tactics.
Understanding the Partner's Journey
In this brief, we describe the knowledge that partners gather during the five stages of the partner’s journey toward a productive relationship with the supplier.
Pricing New Product Capabilities: To Charge or Not to Charge?
In this brief, we examine the factors to consider when deciding how to price new product capabilities.
The Demand Creation Agency: A New Breed
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Demand Creation Agency Evaluation Framework, which guides organizations in selecting demand creation agencies by comparing their capabilities and deliverables.
The SiriusDecisions Analytics Proficiency Assessment Model
In this brief, we introduce an assessment model that a b-to-b organization can use to rate its current state across five dimensions of analytics proficiency.
Portfolio Marketing: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact portfolio marketing in 2014.
Product Management: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact product management in 2014.
Channel Management: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact channel management in 2014.
Demand Creation: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact demand creation in 2014.
Sales Operations: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact sales operations in 2014.
Account-Based Marketing: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact account-based marketing in 2014.
CMO Strategy: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we define five areas that CMOs should focus on during the coming year to drive positive organizational change.
Strategic Communications Management: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five opportunities for communications leaders to improve participation, collaboration and innovation in 2014.
We can help you with the research and insight you need to take your sales and marketing to the next level. Learn more