Sales Enablement Strategies
Sales enablement. Five years ago, it was just a buzzword in most sales organizations. Today it is a front-and-center function that plays a critical role in readying sales to succeed in an ever changing and increasingly challenging marketplace. While the goal of the sales enablement function is simple – to ensure that every seller has the required knowledge, skills, processes and behaviors to optimize every interaction with buyers – the execution of that goal is anything but.
Sales Enablement Strategies™ (SES) from SiriusDecisions provides benchmarking data, analytic models, access to domain experts, peer-to-peer networking and learning solutions that sales enablement leaders rely on to help build and execute sales strategies that result in increased productivity. SES delivers objective data and intelligence to compare and contrast your enablement efforts against peer organizations, and will help you prepare a roadmap for improvement and success.
- Compare key benchmarks such as sales productivity, training spend and quota attainment from the SiriusIndex of Fortune 500 and SMB organizations.
- Learn how best-in-class sales enablement teams are structured, funded and staffed.
- Visualize and communicate your sales enablement challenges with frameworks, models and issue spectrums that allow you to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Understand the changes in the b-to-b marketplace and how to adapt your enablement efforts to capitalize on these changes.
REPRESENTATIVE COVERAGE AREAS
- Sales Enablement Structure – Understand how world-class sales organizations structure their sales enablement teams, and how they manage the critical intersection of sales enablement with other marketing and sales functions such as product and solution marketing, field marketing, sales operations and sales communications.
- Role-Based Enablement – Learn how enablement efforts must be defined and tailored to meet specific needs to develop the emerging competencies of the entire field force, including sales managers, strategic account managers, territory reps and pre-sales engineers.
- Sales Training – Learn how to assess your field force to identify gaps in skills, knowledge and processes, then leverage our expertise and knowledge of the sales training vendor landscape, cutting-edge delivery options and implementation best practices to ensure training becomes actionable.
- Sales Tools – Understand how to select, design and deploy the latest selling tools such as playbooks and social media platforms that truly enable a field force and lead to gains in both efficiency and effectiveness.
- Sales Enablement Measurement – Beyond revenue, learn how to use other metrics, such as sales certification programs, to measure, benchmark and track your enablement efforts.
- Sirius Sales Enablement Model – Models the enablement structure required to execute on the services and deliverables needed by field force roles, including sales management, field sales and pre-sales engineers, and defines the critical interlink between product marketing, field marketing, sales operations, sales training and sales communications.
- Role-Based Competency Models – Frameworks that identify the core and emerging competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors) required for sales success today for the key roles in your sales organization – including complete job descriptions and interviewing guides.
- Sales/Buying Process Mapping – Turns the traditional sales process map inside out to ensure that every stage in the sales process is aligned with key stages in the buyer’s journey; includes buyers’ knowledge inflection points and observable outcomes to accurately track opportunities.
Incorporating SES into your workflow is easy. Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You may speak with our analysts by phone, send an inquiry via e-mail or participate in interactive webcasts and in-person forums with analysts and peers. You will also have access to published research, presentations and rich media-based content on demand via the client portal.
- Research Briefs: Monthly research notes that frame executive-level sales and marketing issues in a concise layout. Three to four briefs are delivered to you each month, and are archived on the research portal.
- SiriusPerspectives: A monthly newsletter in a concise layout that provides a high-level overview of a sales and marketing topic dealing with demand creation, sales optimization or reputation development.
- Vendor Profiles: Reviews of emerging suppliers who may be beneficial to your demand creation efforts. SiriusDecisions also plots suppliers on our vendor matrices, allowing you to analyze and narrow your choices.
- Core Strategy Reports: Provides key observations and commentary on SiriusDecisions presentations introducing critical models, frameworks and strategies. Tackles more complex sales and marketing issues, and introduces new areas of research in a white paper format.
- SiriusTools: Frameworks, models and issues spectrums that allow you to more easily visualize and communicate your challenges, and to determine the most appropriate courses of action.
- Rich Media: Webcast archives in rich media format that can be replayed at your convenience, shared with team members or used for training purposes.
Analyst Inquiry: Unlimited analyst inquiry privileges are offered as part of SES membership; you can schedule analyst time via phone or email. Discussions often focus on best practices, data, analytic tools or vendor reviews.
Sales Enablement Audit: Compare your organization’s enablement efforts to those of your peers. Our Sales Enablement Audit will look at sales enablement structure, including personnel spend, as well as sales representative efficiency and areas for improvement. The audit will also review training spend and trends, tools deployed in best-in-class enablement organizations, and key enablement metrics to track enablement efforts.
Events: Peer interaction is a valuable way to understand how others are solving similar issues, and to build your network. SES membership includes bimonthly Webcasts and quarterly half-day research forums, as well as discounted pricing on all SiriusDecisions conferences.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published SES research.
Sorting Out Portfolio Marketing and Sales Enablement
In this brief, we define portfolio marketing and sales enablement, and discuss how the two groups must align to increase the effectiveness of the sales organization.
Sales Enablement: Key Roles and Responsibilities
In this brief, we describe key roles and responsibilities for a dedicated sales enablement function.
This SiriusDecisions vendor profile focuses on BAO, a teleservices provider whose services include market intelligence, account intelligence, contact discovery, appointment setting, telemarketing and sales support.
First 90 Days: The Sales Enablement Leader
In this brief, we outline the sales enablement leader’s key activities for the first 90 days in the role, and reference relevant SiriusDecisions research to ease the transition.
Sales Management: Structuring Manager/Rep Interactions
In this brief, we provide guidelines for quarterly, monthly and weekly meetings for first-line sales managers to conduct with each sales rep.
Social Selling Diagnostic Model: Engage
In this brief, we explore the behaviors, knowledge, skills and processes reps need to leverage social media in the Engage quadrant of the SiriusDecisions Social Selling Diagnostic Model.
Social Selling Diagnostic Model: Monitor
In this brief, we explore the social media behaviors, knowledge, skills and processes that are most relevant to reps in the Monitor quadrant of the SiriusDecisions Social Selling Diagnostic Model.
Helping Sales Source Demand: The ICE Framework
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions ICE Framework, which illuminates how marketers can provide information, content and execution resources to helps sales source its own demand.
Sales Asset Management: The Technology Landscape
In this brief, we describe core and emerging elements of sales asset management (SAM) solutions and present a vision for future SAM evolution.
|Core Strategy Report|
The SiriusDecisions Relative Productivity Framework
This SiriusDecisions Core Strategy Report introduces a precise methodology for measuring and optimizing the productivity of b-to-b sales reps.
Sales Operations: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact sales operations in 2014.
Sales Enablement: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact sales enablement in 2014.
The SiriusDecisions Content Model: Sales Enablement's Role
In this brief, we take a deeper dive into sales enablement’s responsibilities during each of the three phases and eight stages of the enterprise-wide content process.
Best Practices for Creating and Using User Personas
In this brief, we describe best practices for integrating user personas into the innovation and go-to-market process to ensure users’ needs are considered throughout the product lifecycle.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Relative Productivity Framework
In this brief, we demonstrate how sales time-and-motion studies can be enhanced with the concept of relative productivity, which provides more precise measurement to highlight and address productivity inhibitors.
Sales Asset Management: Deployment
In this brief, we review four sets of best practices for preparing an organization to deploy a sales asset management solution, training sales reps and ensuring post-deployment success.
The SiriusDecisions Social Selling Diagnostic Model
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Social Selling Diagnostic Model, a tool that helps organizations integrate social media into their sales toolkits while taking into account the readiness of their sales organization and buyers.
Sales Asset Management: The Request for Proposal
In this brief, we define the key elements of a sales asset management RFP.
Sales Asset Management: The Vendor Selection Process
In this brief, we review three sets of best practices for conducting a sales asset management vendor selection process.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Content Model
In this brief, SiriusDecisions presents a new workflow process model that product, marketing and sales leaders can use to evaluate their existing content factory, determine where gaps and interlock breakdowns exist, and optimize their content process.
We can help you with the research and insight you need to take your sales and marketing to the next level. Learn more