B-to-b sales is not getting any easier. A more informed buyer is challenging salespeople to better align their sales process to the buying process. Sales operations must create and analyze sales data in real time to predict changes in the market and show sales leadership how to adjust in order to stay competitive. Understanding how best-practice sales organizations analyze and trend their business in order to provide quality thought leadership is necessary to support the critical decisions that sales leaders must make.
Sales Operations Strategies™ (SOS) from SiriusDecisions provides the best practice research, benchmarking data, analytic models and thought leadership necessary to leverage and enhance your existing sales strategy and increase efficiency. SOS delivers objective data and intelligence to compare and contrast your own efforts to peer organizations, and provides thought-provoking research on industry trends, cutting-edge tactics and measurement strategies.
- Compare key benchmark metrics such as pipeline ratios and sales expense with peer companies from the SiriusIndex of Fortune 500s and SMBs
- Learn how best practice sales organizations use intelligent data analysis to improve sales processes and forecast accuracy
- Visualize and communicate your sales operations challenges with frameworks, models and issue spectrums that allow you to determine the most appropriate course of action
- Understand the latest tools and technologies that can support the administrative components within a sales cycle
REPRESENTATIVE COVERAGE AREAS
- Sales Operations – Learn how sales operations can be a proactive sales enabler rather than just a numbers cruncher
- Sales Planning – Understand the key areas of strategic planning that best-in-class organizations use
- Sales Process – Create a best-in-class sales process that is aligned to the buying process and drives more effective opportunity management
- Sales and Marketing Integration – Understand the alignment strategies that best practice organizations are using to systematically enhance lead flow and improve client messaging
- Sales Technologies – Learn which technology and service providers are automating key procedures to maximize selling time
- Sales and Marketing Framework – Models the 12 required sub-functions in today’s b-to-b environment that play a significant role in the generation of reputation, demand creation and sales optimization
- Sales Operations Assessment Model/Productivity Map – Tools and processes to assess the impact of and identify opportunities for sales operations
- Sales Pipeline Dynamics – Framework to improve the validity of revenue-based pipeline/forecast models and develop a productivity-based perspective that drives improvements to the quality and velocity of sales opportunities
- Sales Technology Value – Framework that assesses the cost and value of currently deployed sales technology applications with the process to improve current capabilities and prioritize incremental sales technology investments
- Inside Sales Framework – Provides models of the six sub-functions of inside sales that are essential to effective lead development and demand management
Incorporating SOS into your workflow is easy. Interact with SiriusDecisions research analysts in the manner that suits your needs. You may speak with our analysts by phone, send an inquiry via e-mail or participate in interactive webcasts and in-person forums with analysts and peers. You will also have access to published research, presentations and rich media-based content on demand via the client portal.
- Research Briefs: Monthly research notes that frame executive-level sales and marketing issues in a concise layout. Three to four briefs are delivered to you each month, and are archived on the research portal.
- SiriusPerspectives: A monthly newsletter in a concise layout that provides a high-level overview of a sales and marketing topic dealing with demand creation, sales optimization or reputation development.
- Vendor Profiles: Reviews of emerging suppliers who may be beneficial to your demand creation efforts. SiriusDecisions also plots suppliers on our vendor matrices, allowing you to analyze and narrow your choices.
- Core Strategy Reports: Provides key observations and commentary on SiriusDecisions presentations introducing critical models, frameworks and strategies. Tackles more complex sales and marketing issues, and introduces new areas of research in a white paper format.
- SiriusTools: Frameworks, models and issues spectrums that allow you to more easily visualize and communicate your challenges, and to determine the most appropriate courses of action.
- Rich Media: Webcast archives in rich media format that can be replayed at your convenience, shared with team members or used for training purposes.
Analyst Inquiry: Unlimited analyst inquiry privileges are offered as part of SOS membership; you can schedule analyst time via phone or email. Discussions often focus on best practices, data, analytic tools or vendor reviews.
SiriusDecisions Sales Benchmark: The SiriusIndex of b-to-b companies captures multiple data elements across a vast set of organizations and serves as the foundation of our proprietary benchmark. Included in your SiriusDecisions membership is the opportunity to input your demographics, sales budget, pipeline data and process information through our benchmark survey for an in-depth comparison to your peer set in the SiriusIndex database.
Events: Peer interaction is a valuable way to understand how others are solving similar issues, and to build your network. SOS membership includes bimonthly Webcasts and quarterly half-day research forums, as well as discounted pricing on all SiriusDecisions conferences.
Below, please find a partial list of recently published SOS research.
Strategic Account Plans: Eight Critical Components
In this brief, we define eight required components of a strategic account plan that leads to a deeper understanding of the customer’s business, a roadmap to coordinate the sales approach and an executable plan for a long-term relationship that maximizes account revenue.
Operationalizing the Sales Quarterly Business Review
In this brief, we identify four sets of best practices that sales operations can use to develop and lead quarterly business revews (QBRs) that produce valuable insights and decisions.
The B-to-B Leader's Role in Supporting Customer Orientation
In this brief, we outline four types of support that leaders should provide to ensure that their staff members consistently engage in customer insight activities.
This SiriusDecisions vendor profile focuses on BAO, a teleservices provider whose services include market intelligence, account intelligence, contact discovery, appointment setting, telemarketing and sales support.
The Demand Balance Index: Modeling Output and Efficiency
In this brief, we explain how to use the demand balance index to model the output and efficiency of an organization’s various lead management processes.
First 90 Days: The Sales Operations Leader
In this brief, we outline a sales operations leader’s key activities for the first 90 days in the role, and reference relevant SiriusDecisions research to ease the transition.
Sales Management: Structuring Manager/Rep Interactions
In this brief, we provide guidelines for quarterly, monthly and weekly meetings for first-line sales managers to conduct with each sales rep.
Sales Territory Design: A Systematic Approach
In this brief, we define a four-step approach to designing and maintaining sales territories.
The SiriusDecisions Sales Metrics Framework
In this brief, we introduce the SiriusDecisions Sales Metrics Framework, which prescribes standard sales metrics across three levels of measurement capability.
Five Steps to a Revised Sales Compensation Plan
In this brief, we outline five steps that organizations should follow when revising and communicating a sales compensation plan.
The SiriusDecisions Analytics Proficiency Assessment Model
In this brief, we introduce an assessment model that a b-to-b organization can use to rate its current state across five dimensions of analytics proficiency.
The Sirius Indicator: Configuration, Pricing and Quoting Vendors
In this brief, using the six dimensions of the Sirius Indicator, we discuss the major categories to consider when evaluating and scoring configuration, pricing and quoting vendors.
Sales Operations: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact sales operations in 2014.
Sales Enablement: Planning Assumptions 2014
In this brief, we share five key trends that will impact sales enablement in 2014.
Structuring a Named-Account Marketing Plan
In this brief, we describe a structure and process for applying a consistent process to create one-to-few or one-to-many marketing plans for named-account models.
Quote-to-Cash: Improving the Path to Revenue
In this brief, we outline four sets of best practices for defining or enhancing the quote-to-cash (QTC) process.
Sales Force Automation: Marketing Stakeholder Interviews
In this brief, the second in a two-part series on SFA stakeholder interviews, we outline interview topics for marketing stakeholders.
Introducing the SiriusDecisions Relative Productivity Framework
In this brief, we demonstrate how sales time-and-motion studies can be enhanced with the concept of relative productivity, which provides more precise measurement to highlight and address productivity inhibitors.
Opportunity Identification in Account-Based Marketing
In this brief, we outline four steps to define potential opportunity in one-to-few or one-to-many account-based models, in order to deliver a common view across accounts and improve marketing productivity.
Customer Retention: Six Success Factors
In this brief, we outline six success factors that sales operations must manage in order to maximize retention within a subscription model.