Home Our Business Consulting Content Inventory and Audit Workshop

Content Inventory and Audit Workshop

Best Practices for Content: Building an Inventory and Conducting an Audit

Are you creating the right content, and can people find it? Too often, companies have:

• Significant gaps in high value, relevant content

• Too much existing content that is never/rarely used

• Content that is disorganized, difficult to find and often out of date or incomplete

• Improved content value and relevance by stopping production of unused material

• Improved productivity of both marketing and sales team members by shifting resources to the creation of the highest impact assets and reducing search time for high value assets

• A lack of an agreed upon strategy for content creation

The first step in solving this problem is conducting a content audit to eliminate content clutter, create a content inventory, and optimize systems, processes and taxonomy in order to mitigate the recurrence of the problem.

SiriusDecisions can help your team:

• Learn a repeatable audit process

• Work with a Content Audit tool customized to the scope of your audit project

• Develop a framework for ongoing cross-functional discussions and collaboration

Make an investment for a long-term impact to your business.

As a result of completing a content audit, your organization can expect:

• Improved content value and relevance by stopping production of unused material

• Improved productivity of both marketing and sales team members by shifting resources to the creation of the highest impact assets and reducing search time for high value assets

The sad reality: Only 35 percent of the content created by a b-to-b organization is actively used. The reason that the other 65 percent goes unused generally boils down to two things: it’s unfindable (hard to find, unknown to users) and unusable (irrelevant, low quality).

A workshop that delivers an action plan and resources to ensure success.

How does it work?

• This is a one-day workshop for up to 20 participants

• Key stakeholders involved in the workshop should include members from content strategy, content operations, product marketing, marketing

communications and sales enablement

• Qualitative and quantitative data, including surveys and interviews of key stakeholders, are used to inform recommendations and develop an action plan customized to your organization

Key Takeaways

• Get the process knowledge on how to conduct a content audit

• Understand who needs to be involved in the process

• Gain experience with the Content Audit tool

• Learn how to eliminate ROT (redundant, outdated, trivial assets)

• Be in a position to define and kick-off a content audit project

• A roadmap for future advisory service inquiries to ensure ongoing support and success

Take Action

<p style="color: #003359;">Not a SiriusDecisions Client?</p>

Let's Get Started.